Wow! It seems like every month goes by so fast. I always have to take a moment each day to slow down and be in the present moment. My mind races a mile a minute and I’m often already planning the next thing. Lately, I’ve been doing much better at enjoying the journey and savoring the memories made along the way.
As always, with the start of a new month, means a new list of favorites. Today’s post is bringing you my May favorites. This month, I have all beauty favorites, as I have branched out and tried some new products!
May Favorites in Beauty Products:
1. Yes to Coconut Ultra Hydrating Micellar Cleansing Water: Lately, there seems to be a lot of hype around micellar water. I’m a natural skeptic, so I didn’t really feel the need to buy into the trend. However, when I saw the new yes to coconut’s brand, I thought I would give it a try. And I must say, I was happy that I was so wrong about micellar water. First of all, it works SO well. With a couple of pumps, it removes my makeup and leaves my skin feeling hydrated. Also, it is super gentle and doesn’t leave any redness or irritation. This is now going to be my go to makeup remover.
2. JĀSÖN Smoothing Coconut Oil: In the summer I have a difficult time wearing lotion. It just does not want to absorb into my skin (does anyone else have this problem?). So when I saw this coconut oil marketed in the beauty aisle, I thought this might be the trick. And let me tell you, it works! On the really hot days, I have been using this as my moisturizer and it leaves my legs and arms feeling super moisturized and it absorbs well. And if it makes a difference to you, it is USDA organic.
May Favorites in Makeup:
3. Almay Clear Complexion 4 in 1 Blemish Eraser Foundation: Oh My Gosh, you all. I finally found it. The perfect foundation. If you have any redness or blemishes then this should be your go to foundation. It literally takes away any redness and leaves an even complexion. It claims to cover, clear, calm, and control, and it sure does. This foundation is long lasting and build able. I have been using shade 500 Beige.
4. Almay Clear Complexion Concealer: Also, going along with the foundation, I purchased the accompanying concealer, which boasts the same claims as the foundation. And once again, claim away, you wonderful formula, you.
5. Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder: I used to use this powder back in high school, and somehow forgot about it. When I saw it on the shelf at the store, I thought I’d try it out again. I have been using shade 115 Translucent Medium. I love that this powder holds the foundation in place, hides any shine, yet is a minimal look. Exactly what I want in a powder.
6. Physicians Formula Butter Blush: I am absolutely in love with the bronzer, so I didn’t think the blushes would be any different. I have been using shades Natural Glow and Vintage Rouge. They look so beautiful on and smell absolutely amazing. In an instant, you’re envisioning yourself on the beach (okay, maybe that’s just me)…
What have you been loving this past month? If you have tried any of these products, let me know what you think. Or if you have any suggestions on products to try, I would love to know. Don’t forget, Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale is going on now until June 4th. You can check my picks out here. I hope you all are having a lovely Thursday!